VIRGINIA SUZUKI INSTITUTE
KONTRAS QUARTET WORKSHOP
We affirm and celebrate the stated mission, purpose, and goals of the Suzuki Association of the
Americas and the philosophy of Dr. Shinichi Suzuki.
Our mission is to develop beautiful hearts through beautiful tone, and to encourage intentional
respect and deep love for each teacher, student, and parent engaged in this life-long process of
We all have a part to contribute in building a more just society in which everyone is safe, and
where diverse voices are heard, treated with respect and dignity, and celebrated.
When we all observe and embrace these core values, we learn to not only make beautiful
music, but to make the world a better place for all. We hope that these are the values of the
directors, staff, faculty and participants in the Virginia Suzuki Institute. We continue to work
to exemplify these values and to make our VSI community an inclusive and welcoming
– Kindness – We value every person and will treat each one with kindness and compassion as we expect to be treated the same way.
– Integrity – We will act with integrity and strive to do the right thing for for our fellow human
– Humility – As a community of lifelong learners, we will each exhibit humility, working to the
best of our abilities. We value collaboration and cooperation .
– Respect – We respect every person regardless of race, creed, religion, sexual orientation,
age, socio economic status, gender preference, ability etc. We will treat everyone with the same
respect that we wish to receive.
– Love – In the broadest sense of the word, we expect to appreciate and love each person in
the true Suzuki sense and exhibit the basis for Dr. Suzuki’s teachings, “Where Love is Deep,
Much Can Be Accomplished”.